Everyone wants a decent job and be able to provide for their and their family’s needs. However, if you cannot stay in your current work due to some reasons your boss does not like about you, like your skin color, age, or sex, then that is a wrong termination already.
Wrongful termination is basically not allowed by the law. What is this? This is firing an employee without a proper basis. There should be a legal reason why a worker is terminated from the job. If there are legal reasons, then there are illegal ones. What are they then?
- Racial discrimination- Whatever your race is—American, Asian, Afro-American, or others, you have the right to be accepted in any work and promotion.
- Gender inequality- Before, more men were admitted to jobs than women because of their physical strength, lesser responsibilities at home if married, and no pregnancy hassle.
- Religion issue- A person should not be terminated from his job just because he has different religious beliefs from his boss. Respect is what needed here.
- Age limit- In other countries, once you age 45 and above, you are not hireable anymore. However, here in the United States we have the law which gives opportunity for any person in whatever age to be admitted to a job.
- Political affiliation- It is also illegal to terminate someone just because this worker is in opposition of the administration or supports another political party.
The mentioned points above are just some of the unacceptable causes of termination. Any reason of firing an employee, aside from the worker’s poor quality of work performance, can be considered illegal.
When a wrongful termination happens, the fired employee can counteract the action by hiring a wrongful termination lawyer. The worker can either demand to be taken back into the job or file a lawsuit against the employer or company.
A wrongful termination attorney will be the one to represent the victim before the court or in the negotiation with the previous employer. With a lawyer defending the terminated worker, the company or employee would have no choice but to correct their mistake or else they are going to face a higher charge.
Estate Law Group has experienced wrongful termination lawyers who can help terminated workers to get justice. They can provide counselling and advices to these victims to what can be an appropriate action to correct their situation.